AISC, 9&10 Dec 2016, Hong Kong,
Abstract: Effective Use Of Data To Support Wellbeing
Susan Walter is an advocate of the use of data from a wide range of assessments to help schools in delivering a personalised teaching and learning experience which enhances wellbeing and delivers the best possible outcomes for each individual.
Having implemented comprehensive assessment and analysis processes both in the UK and at her last role at Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur, Susan is well positioned to demonstrate how understanding students’ attitudes to school and learning, as well as their individual cognitive strengths are essential tools to help schools address key challenges including:
- Identifying vulnerable groups
- Investigating under-attainment
- Implementing and measuring the effectiveness of interventions
As Susan seeks to repeat this process at her new school in Discovery Bay International School (DBIS), Hong Kong, school leaders can learn from this presentation at AISC on her query-driven approach to ensuring that her teachers have the information they need to identify and address the learning and pastoral needs of her students.
Download here: effective-use-of-data-to-support-wellbeing-susan-walter
The Asia-Pacific International Schools Conference (AISC) is the annual event for international school leaders and educators in the Asia Pacific region.
AISC brings together the international schools community to explore topical education issues that educators within Asia Pacific international schools are keen to debate.
At AISC international speakers provide expertise and delegates leave AISC with actionable strategies to implement in their classrooms and schools.
To view a report of AISC 2015, please click here.
- Organised by: Diversified Communications Hong Kong
- Strategic Partner: English Schools Foundation (ESF)
- Admission: 3 tailor-made streams
- Date: 9 – 10 December 2016 (Friday & Saturday)
- Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Co-located event: Learning & Teaching Expo (8 – 10 December 2016)